Last Updated: May 1st, 2018
Recently Accomplished courses
currently, i'm learning . . .
Udacity | Self-Driving Car Nanodegree - Term 1
Coursera | Advanced Machine Learning Specialization
Coursera | Machine Learning in Finance Specialization
some thoughts about surya
Surya (孙健伟) is a technology evangelist who personally interested in Deep Learning. He learns, reviews, and practices by using his understanding of this subject from various kind of resources, such as MOOCs, journals, articles, study group communities, and so on. His passion in Deep learning is overflowing in his daily life by keeping improving his understanding of this subject through seeing from various kind of implementations on another field, such as artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, finance, robotics, personification, and society. He believes, even though he has not got a chance to get a proper education in formal school, he could still able to learn this subject through self-study.
In the personal life, Surya balances his personal and professional activities by conducting physical exercises on the gym. He believes that this kind of physical activities will help him to spark his creativity and let his mind unconsciously maturing the understanding of particular subjects that he is focusing on. Besides that, physical activities help him to have a healthy body and mind, which makes him feel more healthy and more happy in his daily life. He also believes that improving his understanding about self-development and society is necessary, thus reading self-development books and hearing the other's experience about their lives has been synchronizing in his mindset.
Throughout his life, Surya also got some chances to live in various countries, such as China, Japan, and Taiwan. His experience on there is related with his eagerness to learn, which he was living on there as a student with scholarships. By living on there as a student, he perceived a better understanding of the society on there, and eventually, he becomes an open-minded person.
Surya also has some proficiencies in four languages. He fluents in using his mother language, which is Indonesian language. He proficients in conducting some daily conversation in English (iBT - Overall 85), Japanese language (JLPT N3), and he starts to improve his fluency in Chinese language/Mandarin (HSK 2). He believes by using the local language that's used by the interlocutors, they could develop a better relationship.
tunaiku-amarbank, associate backend engineer
September 2017 - Present
- Handling the development of the back-end site of Business-to-Business product by using Go.
- Helping to architect the new back-end environment for Tunaiku products.
- Researching new technologies that could be implemented at Tunaiku.
- Handled the development of the front-end site of Business-to-Business product by using Angular.
PETRA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY-INFORMATICS DEPARTMENT, CONTENT ENGINEER
February 2014 - January 2015
- Managed Informatics department's homepage
- Published news at Informatics department's homepage that related with internal and external activities
December 2014 - February 2015
- Assisted the establishment of the internal network in a local school at Semarang-city, Indonesia.
- Developed a new homepage for Design Communication Visual department
PETRA CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY-DESIGN COMMUNICATION VISUAL DEPARTMENT, WEB DEVELOPER
August 2014 - December 2014
- Sold various kind of computer peripherals that focused in gaming utilities through KASKUS and instant messaging.
VALHALLA GAMING STORE, ENTREPRENEUR
January 2011 - January 2014
udacity, Beta tester
April 2018 - Present
- Testing and reviewing the new nanodegree courses before they put into public .
go-jek, community volunteer & teaching assistant
January 2018 - March 2018
- Was helping to manage a study group called "AI Saturdays Jakarta" that was help by Nurture.AI at Go-Jek Headquarter.
Coursera, Beta tester
July 2016 - Present
- Testing and reviewing the new courses before they put into public.
Coursera-University of illinois at urbana-champaign, community mentor
December 2016 - Present
- Helping to assist learner at the course called, "Foundations of Professional Identity"
September 2016 - Present
- Helping to assist learner at the course called, "Leadership and Influence"
July 2016 - Present
- Helping to assist learner at the course called, "Shaping Your Professional Brand"
Coursera-The hongkong university of science and technology, community mentor
May 2016 - June 2017
Petra christian university, indonesian language teaching assistant
July 2016 - December 2016
- Was helping to teach international students about Indonesian language and culture.
momoyama gakuin university, english teacher
September 2015 - February 2016
- Was helping to teach English language in several local schools in Izumi-City, Japan.
Worldquant University, USA
M.S. FINANCIAL ENGINEERING
Accepted for June 2018 Entry.
sophia university, tokyo-city, japan
M.S. GREEN SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Accepted for Autumn 2017 Entry. Canceled due to financial situation.
Petra chistian university, surabaya-city, indonesia
B.S. COMPUTER SCIENCE, BUSINESS INFORMATION SYSTEM
Graduated February 2017
Shanghai jiao tong university, Shanghai-city, china
Mandarin Chinese MOOCs Offline Course
July 24th, 2017 - August 5th 2017
Ching Yun University OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, taoyuan-city, taiwan
Introduction of Hakka Culture & History
June 18th, 2017 - July 8th, 2017
Momoyama gakuin university, izumi-city, japan
August 2015 - February 2016
Confucius institute scholarship
Taiwan government scholarship
Japan Student Service Organization (JASSO) Scholarship
Momoyama gakuin university scholarship
Road to Become Applied AI Scientist
One of my resolutions for this year, 2018, is to cultivate my understanding in Artificial Intelligence field by learning through various resources that I list in my personal Trello dashboard.
Some of my personal projects that I conducted, either for the implementation step of what I learn, or some personal ideas that I want to tackle in.
Several "AHA" moments that appeared in my mind, some thought that I would love to transform it into an article.
what I have learned
This section would be dedicated to share about what I have learned through particular courses that I would like to share the idea to you.
some pieces of captured memories
Some moments that was taken through my life journey as a learner.